Sunday 18 January 2015

Countryside watercolour


Hi everyone.
 Ages ago I bought a set of watercolour discs to play with. I'd seen all of the fabulous creations and techniques people had been posting, and thought it looked like a lot of fun.

This is one of my first plays with them. The stamp is a new one I bought from Serendipity Stamps.
The watercolours are Koh i noor, a set of 24 discs. (I thought these would be good to start with as they were very inexpensive but had reasonable reviews.)

It was definitely lots of fun, and now I just need to do some classes on the techniques and get lots of practice!!

I'm linking up to a couple of challenges.

The theme at Serendipity Stamps is Hidden Gems, to use something that you've been neglecting in 
your stash. My watercolour discs fit that!
.

At Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge the theme is it's a guy thing.

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog

At Happy Little Stampers it's a watercolouring theme.


Supplies:
Serendipity Stamps winter fenceline; koh i noor paints; watercolour paper; verafine ink; sentiment sticker.


Thanks for visiting,
Cathy x


20 comments:

Aileen said...

Beautiful card. Should enter it in CAS and Darnells challenges. They are kind of linked, both doing NBUS, Never Before Used Stuff.

Robyn Oliver said...

Gorgeous water colouring Cathy, love the image and your colours. Great to see another Aussie girl :-)

Viv said...

Ooh this is great Cathy, love your fab stamping and beautiful watercolouring too.Sorry comments are late but getting to grips with a new 'puter argghhh! Viv xx

Kylie said...

wow, Cathy! Another stunner from you. This scene is so beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

Loll said...

This is gorgeous Cathy! Can't believe it's your first time watercolouring ... looks like you've been doing it for a long time --- way to go!! :) Thanks for playing along with us at Happy Little Stampers! xx

Brenda in IN said...

For a first time, you really nailed this. Your shading is fantastic and makes the scene come alive. Great job.My first time watercoloring was done with a kids set of watercolor paints and they did just fine. I found that I loved to watercolor. It is different each time.

Vickie Z said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cathy said...

Thanks Aileen, I think I've reached my limit of 3 on Darnell's challenge, so much NBUS!! Cathy x

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

This is really pretty Cathy! Your watercolouring brings the scene to life . . . fabulous! Hazel x

JD/ Jill said...

You've created a really nice scene here...beautifully done!

scrappymo! said...

Wonderful scene and love the watercolouring.

Melissa Bove said...

Beautiful card! Such a lovely image and fabulous coloring!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

roffeycreations said...

Beautiful sis!!! Mxxx

Sally H said...

Wow! Just stunningly beautiful! LOVE it!

Pat said...

This is a wonderful watercolour scene and if you are new to them you have done well Cathy, such a light and even touch and really pretty. I love that stamp too. x

Princess Judy Palmer said...

A lovely card! That water coloring stuff always frustrates me so I'm extra impressed when people can pull it off like you've done here.

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful miniature watercolor scene, Cathy! Ready for a frame!

Vickie Z said...

Gorgeous watercoloring and love this image!! Absolutely frame it!! So happy you played with us at SSCB!!

Marybeth said...

Love the way your card turned out with that beautiful skyline! Gorgeous way to use the watercolor and your first time!!! Thanks for joining us at the Serendipity Stamps Challenge Blog,Cathy!

Jeanne J. said...

CATHY! Sorry I need to slow down! Love the watercolor scene- something I've been experimenting with but cant seem to master! You did it beautifully!