Friday 31 July 2015

Snippets birthday


Hi everyone. My son asked me to make a birthday card for a friend and he wanted a bird on it.
I revamped a design I did a few years ago and luckily it fits a few challenges too.

Chrissie from Less is More is celebrating a very special birthday and the team wants us to use snippets on a card. Happy Birthday Chrissie!

My flowers are diecut from scraps of vellum and the bird and leaves are cut from snippets of cardstock. The scraps went back into my snippets box for another go later!
We'd love you to display our banner

Di from Pixie's Crafty Workshop is the guest at Less is More and she is the queen of the snippets playground, so I'm visiting the playmates there too.

Pixies Crafty Workshop

At Siomon Says Stamp Monday the theme is to use no ordinary paper.
I love the look of vellum, so I hope that fits.
Simon Monday Challenge Blog

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday has an anything goes theme.

Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog

Supplies: 
Memory Box grove branch, reed bird and fancy blossom dies; twinkling H2Os; distress ink; vellum; bling; liquid pearls; foam tape and sentiment sticker;

Thanks for visiting,
Cathy x

11 comments:

Lin said...

I love that little bird, and your card is lovely, Cathy! I'm sure your son was pleased with your design! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Liz said...

A lovely card! I love the vellum flowers. xx

Susanne Vargas said...

This is gorgeous! Love the shimmery, little flowers!

Anita in France said...

So very pretty, Cathy ... those vellum blooms shine out beautifully from the leafy branch! Anita :)

Di said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Cathy! As always you came up with a fabulous design and made a stunner!

Hugs

Di xx

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Stunning and clever use of your snippets Cathy and I'm thrilled you've played along in our snippets challenge this week.
thanks so much
Sarah
Less is More

Neets B said...

Fabulous little snippets card, those teeny vellum flowers are so pretty.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Suzanne C said...

Charming card! I love the branch with the pretty flowers! Thank you for sharing it with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Karen M said...

Beautiful card and all those little flowers are so pretty:) xx

Angela said...

Cathy, your card is so lovely and sweet with bird image and branch and pretty flowers!

roffeycreations said...

Very pretty delicate card ... Mxxx