Sunday 22 November 2015

Crackled Christmas Ornaments


I bought some picket fence distress crackle paint ages ago and decided to have a practice on some diecut ornaments. I used scraps of black cardstock so that shows through the crackles. After colouring with some distress inks I coated them with glossy accents for a bit of shine.

At Allsorts the challenge is to use at least three diecuts.
I've used the Brittany ornament base, the star from the Avondale ornament and woodland branch dies.

Grab our logo

At Simon Says Stamp Wednesday the theme is Christmas.
Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog

The Card Concept has a festive glory theme with this gorgeous inspiration pic.
My card fits the clean and layered style.


Just us Girls has a colour challenge of red, green and gold.

I used scraps of black card for the ornaments and green for the branches so I'm also visiting the snippets playground at Pixie's Crafty Workshop.
Pixies Crafty Workshop

Supplies:
Dies: Poppy Stamps Brittany & Avondale ornaments; Memory Box woodland branch.
Other: Martha Stewart branch punch; gold paper; white picket crackle paint; red & green distress ink; glossy accents; Sizzix embossing folder (part of a christmas set); sentiment sticker; gold cord & bling.

Thanks for visiting, Cathy x


15 comments:

Di said...

Absolutely fabulous Cathy - the crackle works so well. And what a beautiful design as well.

Hugs

Di xx

Liz said...

Beautiful CAS card, Cathy. I love the ornaments, with the crackle finish. Lovely design. xx

Susanne Vargas said...

Those ornaments came out beautifully! The crackle paint gives a cool effect and I love the gold stars! Also love how you added the greenery to the branch!

Ina G said...

Love the result you got with the baubles. Lovely layout. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls this week.

Sharyn Polesel said...

This is so much fun! I've never tried crackle paint, but I love the look on your ornaments. The glossy accents was a good choice too. Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

Barb said...

This is a beautiful card Kathy. I had to have a closer look at the ornaments. The crackle works really well. Barbxx

loz said...

Gorgeous card and ornaments Cathy..Loz

Brenda in IN said...

Wow, these ornaments are beautiful. I must try that. I like how you added the greenery to the branch. So clever.

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, beautiful Christmas card, love those baubles.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

maria f. said...

I love this. Totally reminds me of my parents' skinny trees in the old days, and some of their "retro" ornaments.

Nancy said...

I am so intrigued by your crackle paint that I think I will add that to my Christmas Wish List! Beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with us over at Just Us Girls this week!

Mervi said...

Lovely card Cathy.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Pat said...

The crackle finish looks great on tbe baubles Cathy and the shine beautifully with the glossy accents too. A pretty Christmas card! x

Sue - said...

Fabulous card Cathy.

roffeycreations said...

3D baubles look fab Mxxx