Wednesday 22 February 2017

Flowers with rusting powder.


Hi everyone,
 I've had this corrugated panel sitting on my desk since I made my rustic butterflies card.
 I was tempted to add more butterflies but decided on some flowers for a change.

The panel was cut from a cardboard box and I tore off some of the paper to reveal the corrugations.
I painted on some white gesso and when it was dry sprayed it with some antique bronze distress stain.
Next, I painted on some collage glue, sprinkled on the rusting powder, tapped off the excess then sprayed with vinegar.
 After a little while the rust appears!

The theme at the CAS Mix Up Card Challenge is corrugated card.
I've also stamped a sentiment and used die cutting as my other element.


At Happy Little Stampers it's anything goes with dies.
I used Memory Box Woodland Branch and Cherry Blossom dies.


At Simon Says Stamp Wednesday the theme is fantastic florals.

Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog Logo

At Seize the birthday, I've gone with the no toppings option of anything goes.


Supplies:
Gesso; antique bronze distress stain; rusting powder; versafine ink & clear ep; Annabelle Stamps sentiment from Fanciful Flowers stamp set; sentiment sticker; Memory Box woodland branch and cherry blossom dies; distress inks; liquid pearls.

Thanks for visiting,
Cathy x

17 comments:

sandie said...

gorgoeus, superb texture x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Cathy, I even enlarged it to get a closer look, the flower looks amazing!! I love the whole design of this :-)

Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Luv
Lols x x x

Brenda in IN said...

That is a beautiful use of corrugated cardboard. The flower is so pretty and it makes a gorgeous card.

Loll said...

This is amazing Cathy!! I love the rust around the edges and your sweet flowers. I didn't have success with rusting powder, but realize now that I forgot the bronze stain part of the equation, even though I specifically bought the stain for this technique! :) I will have to try again. Your results are fantastic! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

Sue said...

Wow, Cathy, another stunning card with the rusting powder! Love the rich colour tones and great use of the corrugated.

Susan said...

Love the use of the rusting powder on the corrugated cardboard - a great background for your branch and flowers. Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Mix Up.

MaryH said...

Equally as unique & gorgeous as that wonderful butterfly card. I bought some of the rusting powder after seeing that (so thanks for enabling!!!) I appreciate the explanation as to the process on this piece. I have done the gesso, powder, vinegar bit. But I really like the result you've achieved with the bronze stain before the powder. It makes a glowing yet rustic background.. Such texture...oh my! TFS

nancy littrell said...

Wow..Stunning rust stain around the edges of your mixed media corrugated piece. Love your pretty die cut flowers embellishment. TFS Carol and sharing with us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs...

Anita in France said...

So deliciously texture-y and touchable, Cathy ... what a fabulous background to that oh so pretty floral sprig! Hugs, Anita :)

Julia Aston said...

What interesting techniques you used on your corrugated board Cathy - love the rust look! and your flowers are the perfect color to pop off the background! Thanks for joining us in the CAS Mix Up Challenge! Julia xx

laurie said...

What an awesome technique..such a pretty card.Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers!

rachel said...

love the corrugation Cathy - brilliant card!

Bonnie said...

Very cool techniques, Cathy! Love how you did the corrugated cardboard and the pretty flower on it! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Pat said...

I have never hsard of this rusting powder brfore Cathy but what a fabulous result. x

Julie B said...

A great take on the corrugated card challenge and use of your die cuts.
Thanks for joining with us over at HLS Anything Goes with dies. :)

shirley-bee said...

Fab card, Cathy! I have some of that rusting powder - as yet unused! Thanks so much for playing along at Seize the Birthday :)

roffeycreations said...

That rusting powder is great - try a water tank in the background with your windmill??? Mxxx